Tuesday 7 October 2014

Finally in the Kitchen!


After 3 weeks of classroom theory, we finally entered the kitchen!
Dicing, julienning, slicing and mincing.
Practiced on onions, shallots, carrots, basil and parsely.



























Approximately 6 people cut themselves today.  Lots of band-aids distributed from Chef.  But everyone kept going and there were no complaints.  
I ended up doing on dishes duty and quickly realized that I will likely need some sort of daily manicure (something I have never needed before) as my hands were multi-colored and multi-favored by the end of the day.

And yes, for those of you who want to see me in action, here I am in uniform.



No comments please.  I felt like a fat uncle who works as a lunch lady.  
Note the the hairnet popping out from over my ears.

This is my chef doing a demo on onions.  We call him chef.  Just Chef.  It is what he prefers and what he requests.  This is my work station.  I am right in the middle near the front, so I have my eye on the entire kitchen.  





















One funny note: I was thinking of making a public service announcement asking for people to wear deodorant!!  The smell in the kitchen was tart, especially in our poly-blend outfits!!  Decided would not be a good idea, so someone told Chef to do so on our behalf.  
Will keep you posted on how that goes...Peeeeeeewwwwwwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment